Commonly asked questions from patients who have used InstyMeds:
- Do I need a prescription to use InstyMeds?
- Can I get any medication from InstyMeds?
- Where can I find an InstyMeds dispenser?
- Can I use my insurance to get my prescription filled through InstyMeds?
- How long does it take to get a prescription filled?
- How do I know that InstyMeds dispensed the right medication?
- Can I get refills through InstyMeds?
- How can I get a receipt from a previous transaction?
1. Do I need a prescription to use InstyMeds?
Yes. A patient must be seen by a medical provider and issued a prescription. Only patients of that specific health care facility can use the InstyMeds dispenser.
2. Can I get any medication from InstyMeds?
InstyMeds contains prescription medications that are considered short-term. These medications include antibiotics, antihistamines, muscle relaxants, inhalers and other medications that are associated with non-chronic health conditions.
3. Where can I find an InstyMeds dispenser?
InstyMeds dispensers are most commonly located in emergency departments and urgent care centers. You must be a patient of that specific healthcare facility, and issued a prescription, where a dispenser is located in order to use the dispenser.
4. Can I use my insurance to get my prescription filled through InstyMeds?
Most of our healthcare clients do offer the option to use your insurance and most private insurance plans are accepted by InstyMeds. Public insurance plans are also accepted (vary by state rules and regulations), including Medicare Part D and other government programs. If there is no insurance coverage for medications, the patient will pay standard retail price for their medication.
5. How long does it take to get a prescription filled?
Once the patient enters in their InstyMeds voucher code and makes their payment, it takes the InstyMeds dispenser approximately 90 seconds (per medication container) to dispense.
6. How do I know that InstyMeds dispensed the right medication?
InstyMeds dispenses medications with 100% accuracy using a patented triple bar code check system. When a patient enters their unique security code found on the InstyMeds voucher along with their birthday, the InstyMeds system starts the dispensing process. If at any time a bar code check fails due to a smudged or incorrect barcode, the system discards that medication into the discard bin and restarts the retrieval process.
9. Who should I call if I have questions about my medication?
The InstyMeds Call Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can assist you with questions about your medication. The number to call is 1-866-306-3502.
10. How do I take the InstyMeds Patient Survey?
You can find details about the survey, and the survey link here.